A Forum page is similar to a Blog, and allows your visitors to share their thoughts with each other on various topics.
We offer two setup options for you to utilize a Forum on your website.
OPTION 1 / BASIC SETUP:
This option is available at no additional cost and can be setup directly within your COOLSite Admin by doing the following.
- Click on "Pages" from the menu on the left.
- Click on the "Add New Page" button above (below the tabs).
- Enter a Page Name for this page and select "Forum" from the list of Page Types.
- Click on the "Add Page" button.
- This page will now be added to your "Visible Pages".
- Double-click on the corresponding "Public" text under the "Security" column, and select the "Registration Required" option.
- Configure the settings on the pop-up window as needed and click on the "Save" button at the top or bottom when done.
- Click on "Registered Users > Manage User Groups" from the menu on the left.
- Click on the "Permissions" link next to the "Registered Users" group.
- Click and drag the new Forum page that you added from the "Available Pages" column into the "Current Pages" column.
- Click on the "Save Changes" button below.
When viewing this Forum page on your site, you will notice a login panel at the top of the page. Your visitors can use this to register for an account or login if they already have one. Once logged in, your visitors will be able to create new topics and/or reply to existing topics / messages that have already been posted.
Also, by default, whenever your visitors login to the Forum page and create new topics and/or reply to existing topics / messages that have already been posted, it will automatically be approved and posted immediately on the Forum for others to see. You can however delete / mark inappropriate content / messages as unapproved, so that they no longer show up on your Forum page. You can do so from within your COOLSite Admin, by clicking on "Forum Administration" from the menu on the left.
OPTION 2 / ADVANCED SETUP:
If you are interested in a Forum/MessageBoard with more administrative controls, we offer a phpBB Forum as a paid option. See below for more information.
The phpBB Forum will not be a Page Type within your site. It will have to open in a new window or framed in. We will create a link on your site once completed and e-mail you the admin login credentials. This option involves setting up a hosted forum and database, and there will be a one-time setup fee associated with this.
Once setup, there will be a monthly fee associated with utilizing the phpBB Forum on your site.
If you would like pricing for this option, please contact us at 954-341-7031 or Support@Colony1.Net.