The instructions below are specifically for all Page Types except for "IDX Listings Search" & "IDX Listings". If you would like to setup any of your IDX Listings Search or IDX Listings pages for Registration Required Access, then you can do so by first clicking on "Pages" from the menu on the left in your admin area and then clicking on the appropriate page in which you would like to setup for Registration Required Access. Next, click on the "Access" link above and select the appropriate Access Type for this page. Finally, click on the "Save Settings" button at the bottom of this page when done to save your changes.
1) Login to your admin area and click on "Pages" from the menu on the left
2) Next, double click where it says "Public" under the "Security" column, next to the page that you would like to setup for Registration Required access
3) You will get three different options. Click on "Registration Required". Now a window with more options will pop up.
4) Make sure "Allow public visitors to Register for Access on this Page" is checked.
NOTE: If you would like to be notified every time a user registers when they visit this page, then check the "Send me an email every time a user registers" option. By default, we will use your default email address (the email address you provided us when you signed up for your COOLSite). If you would like to use a different email address, then enter it in the blank field next to "Instead of using my default email, send to:"
5) Now you will need to choose a message to display to a visitor when they try to access the page without being a registered user. Enter this message in the "Registration Message" field. An example of a message would be "In order to view this page please sign up as a registered user."
5) Click on the "Save" button below to save your changes when you are done.
6) Next, click on "Registered Users > Manage User Groups" from the menu on the left
7) Under the "Group Name" column, you will notice "Registered Users". Click on the "Permissions" link towards the right of this
8) Under the "Available Pages" section, click and drag the page that you setup above for Registration Required Access to the "Current Pages" section and click on the "Save Changes" button below when done
9) You have now completed setting up this page for Registration Required Access but you can test this further by following the next few steps below
10) View this page on the website and you will notice the following message on this page -- "This Page Requires Registration & Login." You will now need to register for this page or login if you have already registered an account previously
11) If you register for a new account, you will then need to confirm your registration by checking your e-mail and clicking on the link provided in the e-mail.
NOTE: This email will come from the default e-mail address that we currently have on file for you (This is also the same e-mail address that you currently use to login to your admin area)
12) Upon clicking on this link from the e-mail, you will get a "Registration confirmed successfully" message and at this point, you should now be able to login and access the content on this page